Recap: HALO X ONTO Wallet AMA Session
On June 9, 2022, 12:00 UTC, we had an AMA session with ONTO Wallet in our English Telegram community group at https://t.me/halonetwork. Our guest was Cyrus, a Business Development Associate of ONTO Wallet.
Here is the full summary of the AMA session:
Segment 1: Introduction
Question #1: Could you introduce yourself and your project? What is ONTO Wallet and what’s its mission?
Answer: Hello everyone! I’m Cyrus from ONTO Wallet team! ONTO is a DID-based gateway for a seamless Web3 experience. The best all-in-one option for securely managing your identities, data, and digital assets, ONTO allows you to manage your crypto assets (including NFTs), perform cross-chain swaps, readily access a variety of dApps, and learn everything important in real time via ONTO news feed.
The mission of ONTO Wallet is to become the gateway to blockchain and the Web3 world.
Question #2: What are ONTO’s unique selling points? Could you talk a little bit about ONTO’s architecture and innovation?
Answer: ONTO is a decentralized multi-chain wallet. Unlike single-chain wallets, which require users to switch networks when managing assets on different chains, ONTO allows you to easily manage your assets on 25 blockchains with a single ONT ID.
Thanks to its unique ONT ID digital identity and data, with a single ONT ID, you can take control of your on-chain assets, and manage your own identity data, better protecting your data privacy. Going forward, ONT ID could even become an important yardstick of your on-chain reputation and rights.
ONTO’s unique address scan feature can automatically detect and add the digital assets and NFTs in users’ addresses in real time. Thanks to this feature, users don’t need to add assets manually and don’t have to worry about forgetting their assets.
ONTO’s industry-leading Swap and Bridge features allow users to swap assets directly within the wallet, with native integration of OpenOcean and Poly Network.
ONTO provides the most comprehensive and smooth dApp experience, and you can even switch addresses of other chains within the dApp without repeatedly switching tabs, which is very convenient.
ONTO’s NFT tab allows you to display your NFTs directly on the Collectibles page, send or receive NFTs, and even trading NFTs without going to an NFT marketplace. We will optimize the Purchase NFT function over the next quarter.
Question #3: Is ONTO Wallet secure?
Answer: As a decentralized wallet, ONTO does not store any data, the data is controlled by the users themselves, which means the wallet is immune to external attacks and is very secure.
ONTO has now submitted the source code of the wallet to Feiyu Tech for audit, and the audit report will be available at the end of June, which will then be released to the public.
Question #4: Tell us about what’s next for ONTO Wallet?
Answer: In Q2 we added more blockchains to ONTO (currently 25 chains have been supported) and gave a brand new look to the Asset Management page, in Q3 we will launch the Purchase NFT function, upgrade the Swap function, and will enable native support for more decentralized domain name systems. In Q4, ONTO will upgrade the identity model and DID, optimize the Bridge function and the dApp search function, and plan to integrate DappRadar.
Question #5: ONTO’s slogan is “A DID-based gateway for a seamless Web3 experience”, could you explain?
Answer: With ONTO, you can access all the projects in the Web3 world, including digital assets, decentralized applications (dApp), NFTs, decentralized domain names, you name it. ONTO integrates these Web3 infrastructures into one, allowing users to get the full picture of Web3 firsthand via a wallet.
ONTO will become the leader in the digital identity and data in Web3 through ONT ID/OScore and various types of authentication services, and will become an indispensable infrastructure in the future Ontology trust system.
Segment 2: Questions from Twitter
Question #1: Since your project is a well aged one with a lot of experience, can you tell us what is your best advantage?
Answer: Unlike other wallets, users can create the ONT ID, which is a decentralized digital identity that enables one-click multi-chain wallet address creation and management and fully protects their private data through an encryption algorithm.
Question #2: Can you tell the advantages I should move $HO tokens from HASHPAY to ONTO. This is my first time using ONTO wallet.
Answer: Users can access all the services within HALO Network in ONTO, not just storing or sending $HO in the wallet. For example:
- Users can access the decentralized exchange HOSwap in ONTO and exchange HO for other tokens on HALO
- Users can use HALO Bridge to bridge HO between the BNB Chain and HALO in ONTO
- Users can exchange HO to other tokens on the BNB Chain via the PancakeSwap dApp in ONTO
Question #3: What is your strategy to attract new users and investors to Onto Wallet and keep them long term?
Answer: ONTO works hard on improving user experience, you can see that in our version updates, such as full coverage of token/NFT auto-detection and password-less payment function.
ONTO focuses on ecosystem and multi-chain expansion, keeps a close eye on hot topics and popular ecosystems, and works to draw new users to download and use ONTO
ONTO has carried out a series of in-app airdrop activities to bring users lots of rewards, such as the last HO hold & earn event held in the HALO community, where new users only need to deposit 7 HO into ONTO wallet for a chance to win at least 30 USDT.
Question #4: To use ONTO Wallet, do we need to have prior experience? For new users with no experience like me, do you have any written docs or tutorial videos that will guide us through the use of your wallet?
Answer: For new ONTO users, you need almost zero crypto experience to get started. The wallet UI adopts a minimalist style to make it easy for users to quickly find the features they want to use. In addition, users can find the tutorials in the Help Center on the official website, which contains all the FAQs and solutions: https://publicdocs.gitbook.io/onto/.
Question #5: User experience is a very important issue in most projects. Does your project focus on this? What has you done to bring the best user experience, especially to new users?
Answer: ONTO is committed to improving user experience, especially in the updates over the last six months, almost every version would allocate a lot of resources to updates that can optimize user experience, in addition to the ecosystem and underlying functions. To give you some examples, these include:
- Token/NFT address scan feature. When users import from other wallets to ONTO, or send some tokens to their ONTO address, ONTO will automatically detect all the tokens held in the address on the Asset page, so that users can save the hassle of adding these tokens manually.
- ONTO has all use cases covered with its password-free payment feature, ensuring that users can unlock ONTO directly with their fingerprints and FaceID.
- Since transactions in the crypto world can be hard to navigate, ONTO has filtered and categorized transactions so that users can find out at a glance which transactions are transfers, which are contract transactions done in the dApp, which are successful ones and which are failed ones, so you can have a clear picture of your transactions.
- ONTO has already integrated all the tokens and prices of CoinMarketCap, as long as the tokens are available on CMC, you can find them in ONTO easily without adding them manually.
- ONTO also works hard to improve wallet security by adding the function of app lock and hiding wallet balance. When your phone screen is locked, you need to enter the password to open ONTO again, so that other people cannot see your balance and status even when you lose your phone.
Segment 3: Live Quiz on Telegram
- Question #1: How many blockchains are currently available in ONTO?
Winner: Telegram user @jayjay202000
- Question #2: What is the name of decentralized identity protocol in ONTO?
Answer: ONT ID
Winner: Telegram user @Mccoyevans
- Question #3: Name 1 unique ONTO feature added in Q2
Answer: Token & NFT auto-detection feature
Winner: Telegram user @Kreeptotrixter
- Question #4: What’s ONTO’s slogan?
Answer: A DID-based gateway for a seamless Web3 experience
Winner: Telegram user @UniverseIncoming
- Question #5: ONTO’s Swap and Bridge are powered by which projects?
Answer: OpenOcean and Poly Network
Winner: Telegram user @Kreeptotrixter